Skip to content
Who can attend the Grayson Technical Education Program?
Juniors and seniors from any Gwinnett County high school (including the Online Campus) are eligible to attend the Grayson Technical Education Program. Students are required to have successfully completed eight units of credit before applying for the Grayson Technical Education Program during winter registration. Rising juniors and seniors must meet all academic credit requirements for their respective grade level by August 1 in order to be enrolled in a Grayson Technical Education Program. Return to Top
Are classes for a semester or for the full year?
Classes are year-long courses. Students will earn a total of 4 credits during the year. Each program area has at least one embedded academic credit within the program curriculum. Depending on the program, a student may earn language arts or science credit while taking the courses at the Grayson Technical Program. Return to Top
What are the class times and days?

7:15 - 9:45 (non-Grayson students)
7:15 - 10:19 (Grayson students)

11:50 - 2:10 (all students)

Return to Top
Do the Grayson Technical Program courses count towards HOPE or NCAA eligibility?
The embedded academic credit, as well as additional science credits earned in select Grayson Technical Programs, will count toward the HOPE GPA requirement. Contact the Grayson Technical Program or your home school counselor for more information. Please contact your student's counselor for information in NCAA requirements and your student's specific needs. Return to Top
Do I need a parking permit to park at Grayson?

Yes, with proper paperwork, a Grayson Technical Education Program parking decal will be issued to non Grayson HS students without charge. This entitles students to drive to the Grayson Technical Education Program only. Students should check with their home school regarding a parking permit for their home school. Students with Grayson High School as their home school will have to meet Grayson's parking requirements. Parking permits will be issued in the Fall.

Parking Application and Rules

Return to Top
How do I enroll in a program in the Grayson Technical Education Program?
Grayson Technical Program has an application process which begins early second semester each school year. Applications will be available on the Enrollment Application page. We invite any interested students to attend Open House as programs do fill quickly. Return to Top
Can l attend as both a junior and a senior?
Yes, we have options available for 2nd year students based on enrollment and teacher recommendation. It is not necessary to attend for two years; however, students are strongly encouraged to do so. Students may also take a different Grayson Technical Program for their second year. Students must meet with their counselor to determine if they would be eligible for the two-year program. Return to Top
Where is the Grayson Technical Education Program located?

The Grayson Technical Education Program is housed in the Technical Building on the campus of Grayson High School. Our address is 50 Hope Hollow Road, Loganville, GA 30052.

Contact Us

Return to Top
How does my schedule work with my home school?
Students that attend the morning session in the Grayson Technical Education Program will attend periods 4, 5, and 6 (3 and 4 on block) at their home school. Students that attend the afternoon session in the Grayson Technical Education Program will attend periods 1, 2, and 3 (1 and 2 on block) at their home school. Return to Top
Do I eat lunch in the Grayson Technical Building?
No lunch is provided at the Grayson Technical Education Program. Lunch will be determined by the home school schedule. Return to Top
Can I take two programs at the Grayson Technical Education Program (stay all day)?
Yes! Students can take both an AM and a PM block class at the Grayson Technical Education Program. The student would more than likely need to select programs that offer a different academic embedded credit, and also take a class through the Gwinnett County Online Campus or during Summer School in order to have room in his/her schedule. Staff at the Grayson Technical Education Program can work with interested students to determine what would work for the student’s schedule and plan for graduation. Return to Top
Is transportation provided?
Transportation is not provided. It is the responsibility of each student to get to and from the Grayson Technical Education Program each day and on time. Please see your current school counselor or administrator with specific questions regarding transportation from local schools. Return to Top
What if I have already taken one of the classes that is taught in a Grayson Technical Program?
Some courses that the Grayson Technical Education Programs include are taught at other high schools. If students have earned credit for one of these courses, they will receive an Audit for that specific course. All assignments that are required for that course will still be required and graded, as the program courses are blended and embedded into daily instruction. Students who receive an Audit for a course will be a pathway completer upon completion of the Grayson Technical Program, as all required courses for the pathway will be reflected on the transcript. Return to Top
Who can I contact for more information?
  • Jerilyn Hyndman, Assistant Principal, 770-554-7082
  • Alexis Johnson, Program Secretary, 770-554-7082
  • Michael Gary, CTI Coordinator, 770-554-7844
  • Reta Elder, Counselor, 770-554-7097
Return to Top